At the end of the conference participants will be able to:
- State the importance of global influenza policy/procedure/program to local practice.
- Describe representation on the ACIP and how members are identified and selected.
- Describe key components/criteria used in the ACIP deliberation process and decisions.
- Identify at least three impacts on policy and practice (e.g., on the Vaccines for Children Program, the Affordable Care Act, and practice in general).
- State key recommendations for Tdap and Zoster vaccines in adults.
- Identify the current usage, features, and future of the immunization reporting systems.
- Cite two examples of vector-borne diseases (e.g. dengue, Lyme) their prevalence, impact on health, and vaccine issues.
- Identify vaccine status update on vector borne diseases (e.g. Lyme, dengue) and other related vaccines.
- Describe the importance of flu vaccine based on a vivid personal story.